You want your appliances to last a long time, and we're here to help. Our appliance care guide will help you keep your home appliances running smoothly. These tips can help save you time, extend the life of your appliances and help them run more efficiently.
Throughout the life of your appliances, you will probably troubleshoot an issue at some point or another. Please read our disclaimer for complete details about the information we present in this section of the site. Remember that a professional Mr. Appliance® technician is only a phone call away.
- Appliance Care Disclaimer
- How to Make Electrical Tests
- Troubleshooting Appliances
- Always unplug the appliance first
- Watch out for sharp edges, especially on dryers
- Never wear jewelry of any type while working on equipment
- Tie back long hair
- Ensure that your work area has ample lighting
- Wear steel-toed safety shoes
- Lift appliances using your legs, not your back
- Hose pinch-off pliers
- Hose clamp pliers
- Snap ring pliers
- Spanner wrench
- Nut driver set
- Wire stripper
- Clamp-on ammeter
- Volt-ohm-amp meter (multimeter)
- Non-contact voltage tester
- Test leads and jumper wires
- Wrench set
If you find that you need professional help along the way, call 888-992-4074 to reach the local Mr. Appliance center nearest you.